Thursday, June 25, 2009

Jitterbugs

So I've packed my room and distributed my belongings (thank you sooo much to those who helped). I am now homeless. But with purpose! 

Flight leaves at 7:40am, getting to the airport at 5:40ish, a.k.a. leaving the house at 4:30 to be safe. I'm meeting Elisa at the airport and then we're off! There will be one stop over in Houston and straight to Cancun from there.

The itinerary as of now includes: traveling down the coast and then into Guatemala, taking 2 weeks of Spanish immersion course, volunteering on a permaculture project with a women's cooperative/mayan textile weaving school, volunteering at a sea turtle reserve. We're hoping to make it to Costa Rica by the end of August, but we are remaining flexible.

I'm so very excited right now, but I'm also a bit out of it from not sleeping. I'll sleep on the plane. There was no way, no how I would have slept before all of this.

Once again, thank you guys for everything! I will miss you and I'll do my best to keep you updated. I think I'm too sleepy to truly convey my feelings right now. A lot has been going through my head these past few days... I'll detail on the next update.

Signing off for now... wish me sweet flight dreams. :)

Love always,
Ari

No comments:

Post a Comment